ATTRACTING A HIGHER RENT
When it comes to renting your property, first impressions really do count. It is essential to attract the best tenant for your investment property so that you can achieve maximized returns.
Here are a few ways that may help:
- Improve the appearance of the front of the property, such as lawns mowed and edged, windows cleaned, and paintwork redone so that it is clean and presentable.
- Renovate and repair items that may not add to the value of the property, such as loose door handles, broken lights, loose taps. It is important to ensure that your property looks good and well taken care of.
- Paint the property every 5-7 years in neutral tones, as neutral colours make rooms look bigger and more welcoming, and appeal to a larger audience.
- Take advantage when the property is vacant to carry out deep, commercial cleaning, such as window and floor treatments that may be required.
- If your property is a part of a body corporate, you should monitor that the group is keeping the common areas clean and presentable, such as driveways and carparks so that this does not result in turning away good tenants. A good first impression is key.
- It is very important to make sure that your property makes the tenants feel safe and secure with the help of deadlocks, window locks and security cameras.
- If your property comes with a pool, you should consider adding a monthly service charge to the rent to ensure the pool is clean and kept in optimal condition at all times.
- We would also recommend to guarantee you are protected at all times with sufficient insurance including building, public liability and rent cover.
Copyright © 2021 Maya Real Estate – All Rights Reserved.